Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It’s Melamine Time!

It’s summer and that means my obsession with melamine has been renewed! I seriously LOVE melamine dinnerware. As a family of 5 living off of a teachers salary we are always watching our budget. Budget watching and entertaining do not go very well together usually. However when summer hits the stores pour out this wonderfully appealing sea of affordable dinnerware delights that work magical wonders on a tight budget…lol. There are so many choices. If you look you can really find most any party color palette in melamine or find a set you like and build your entire party around your dinnerware. They are so much nicer than paper plates and at $1.99 per plate you can get a place setting for 6 for only $12.00. That’s awesome!

I was cruising my local Target today…which is always dangerous…and I found these adorable summertime melamine sets. I just love the set with the little crab on them. They even have red and blue plastics glasses to match and the crab is clear on them. Apparently you can’t save an image off of Targets site so I had to pull these off of my Pinterest site. There tiny and don’t show you at all how cute they really are…grrr. Your going to have to take my word on this one.

targetmelaminemelaminetargetmelaminetarget2

Target has another set I absolutely LOVE but I can’t share it yet…I picked up some for a summer party scape contest I’m entering and can’t reveal my idea’s yet…lol. Stay tuned for that!

I was curious after my trip to Target to see what other wonderful melamine delights I could find so I did a little web surfing to see what the local stores had in stock. Found these cuties at Pier 1.

melaminepeir oneflowerbowlsglasswatermellonwatermellonplates

And these amazing plates are from Pottery Barn. They look so expensive don’t they?

melaminepotterybarn

You can even have them personalized…Love that! This platter is from Whimsees.com

personalized melamine

I can’t wait to show off my new set in a few weeks! Hope I don’t find something I like more before then…lol.

Celebrate “Life”

Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment